Men are fickle creatures….very hot and cold. You never know what they want, and when they tell you I swear they change their minds a few minutes later. Or, in some cases, they never seem to know.
I know not all men are this way, but sometimes they can be super insulting. Here is a little list I have complied of them men I have encountered lately. Please, enjoy a laugh!
1. My husband. We got married, I found out he loves someone else, we’re separated, he can’t choose, he is thinking he wants to be together, but is hesitating on letting go of the other woman, and doesn’t want his family to know we’re talking about trying to work things out. He is actually hiding it from his family, which I am uncomfortable with. The lies/omission is what got us here to start. I’m still praying about this.
2. Coffee guy. I say this again, he was an incredibly sweet guy, but when we started talking I told him from the get-go that I didn’t want a relationship or anything serious. And that was fine for a while. And then he seemed to start wanting more. I don’t know. I was in a fickle spot too. I didn’t know what I wanted, but I knew driving back and forth for 2 hours one way was getting to me. Then we got into a big fight. Then we stopped talking. For more on coffee guy you can read about our whirlwind here.
3. Texting guy. I haven’t mentioned him before, or if I have then I’ve forgotten. oops! So I went to college with texting guy. We chatted in class and stuff, we’re Facebook friends and all that, we also go to church together, but we’ve never talked seriously before, or with any interest in dating. Well, after my separation we started talking more, but he was super vague and couldn’t commit to a conversation. Actually stood me up three times, which made me really mad. He’s apologized for it. Apologized for how he acted, standing me up, telling me he’d never date a single mom….oh right, I did mention him once. It was in one of my first posts. Anyway. He texts me for a couple of days at a time, but the poof! vanishes. It gives me a headache. He doesn’t know what he wants, other than someone to flirt with. Makes me feel really used sometimes.
4. Random friend. So I have this friend who I talked to a lot before I met my husband. We flirted for a while, but usually one of us was in a relationship. So we never did anything. Then we started talking, then we hung out one night, then he started avoiding me. Which always makes a woman feel good. Then he told me he didn’t want to date, which was fine because I didn’t want to either. Then he stopped texting me altogether, and that’s when I found out he moved two hours away to date some other girl. Yeah…good job there buddy. So he texts me yesterday asking to hook up. I told him No. He didn’t text me after that. Seriously a jerk.
5. My dad. So this could be a whole post in itself. My dad and I have never had a good relationship. Lets couple that with the fact that I’ve not talked to him since June I think. He doesn’t return my phone calls, doesn’t call me, has never (or maybe a couple of times) asked about his only grandson, was mad that I actually have a child, but then gets mad that I don’t talk to them. Seriously? He’s never really attempted to have a relationship with me. I’m better off actually. He’s kind of a crappy person.
Right, so needless to say that this list could go on and on. And it probably seems I have serious issues when it comes to guys. I’ll admit, I probably do. But where do these jerks just keep coming from? Do you guys seriously not know what you want? I know some of you do. I’ve asked point-blank and they knew exactly what they wanted. This is meant as more of a funny post. I laugh about this a lot.