1. Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne
I found this quote my junior year of high school. It quickly become one of my favorite. I’ve always been one to vigorously pursue my goals, so there are times I have to remind myself that sometimes the best course of action is simply to relax.
2. “To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed.” ~???
I found this quote several years ago. I don’t know who it is by, but it is always one of the first to pop in my head when talking about quotes. There were a few times when I was younger that I made friends, and that’s all I wanted. I was totally content with that, but there was a time or two that I fell in love with one of them. It was a dream come true for a while, and then the dream ended.
3.”I see my fated stars in your eyes. They melt me like the sun does snow.” ~ Marco Venier – Dangerous Beauty
It wasn’t until recently that I found where this quote came from, and I still haven’t seen the film. There is no deeper meaning for why I love this quote, just that the words speak to me in a way I can’t describe. And that’s okay.
4. What other dungeon is so dark as one’s own heart! What jailer so inexorable as one’s self!
Pretty much if it came from Nathaniel Hawthorne then I love it.
5. The will of God will never take you, where the grace of God cannot keep you.
You probably haven’t heard of Frank Booth. I used to attend a church called Holy Grounds. Booth is the father of one of the pastors, and is a pastor of his own church in San Diego, California. He preached a few times, and this is one of the quotes from his sermon. He is a man I highly respect. Now about the quote. If I wrote it, and remembered it, then it must really have spoken volumes to me at the time. Thinking about it now, it still applies. God leads people in so many different places, and we’re afraid to go, but the grace of God abounds and is never out of reach.
6. “ For with God nothing will be impossible.” ~ Luke 1:37 NKJV
Probably one of the absolute top quoted verses from the Bible, but that doesn’t mean it is untrue.
7. “And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.” ~John 1:5 NKJV
It wasn’t until I moved to KY and seriously started screwing up my life that I became a Christian. I was at rock bottom, had just been arrested and was seriously contemplating ending it all when I sat down in a cafe just feeling as low as possible. A good friend mine, a pastor, sat down with me and had me read John. I got to verse 5 before I broke down in tears. John 1:5 is the verse that saved me from myself.
8. “What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
It doesn’t matter what you have done, or where you will go. It is the your character and integrity that makes you a worthwhile person.
9. “Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person’s ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.” C.S. Lewis
Love goes well beyond just a feeling of affection. It is so much more than that. By no means am I an expert on love, but for everyone I wish the best.
10. “Women are made to be loved, not understood.” ~ Oscar Wilde
Does this even need a reason? It’s amazing! Not only that, but do women even really understand women?
There is nothing more intriguing than a Woman … at that … I quit while I am ahead …
LikeLiked by 1 person